Important Notice:Section 30, Teaching Council Act,2001 Commencing November, 2013
25th April 2013 | News
Section 30 of the Teaching
Council Act, 2001 will be commenced on 1st November 2013. Following 1stNovember, all teaching staff will be required to be registered with the
Teaching Council in order to receive payment from Oireachtas funds. The
Department of Education & Skills will be prohibited by law from paying
unregistered people employed in teaching positions in schools except in very
exceptional circumstances and for very short time periods.
The Board of Management should notify all teaching
staff of the requirement to be registered with the Teaching Council and advise
them to apply immediately to
the Teaching Council for registration.
Delays to registration can occur for any/all of
the following reasons:
- Locating and providing examination results / transcripts to the Council where a teacher has not previously done so
- Delays incurred where the Council is required to return an incorrectly completed registration application form
- Delays incurred where the Council is required to return
an incorrectly completed Garda Vetting application form to the applicant
- Delays with the Garda vetting/police disclosure process
which can run to several months in individual cases
- Backlogs of registration applications developing in the
Council due to a last minute rush of applications.