You are in:

Guidance Regarding MPLC

22nd September 2021 | News, What's New

We have received  queries from members relating to  MPLC and the requirement of schools to have a licence in place.


Our advice is that if a school shows motion pictures (which includes videos, DVDs , downloads from the internet etc) for entertainment purposes, it will be necessary to obtain a public performance licence from the Motion Picture Licensing Company ( who operate a licensing scheme certified under the Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000.

However, if a school is showing educational and/or instructional material only, then educational establishments are exempt and no licence is required.

If you have any queries in relation to this matter, please ring us at 01-6292462.



Go back to News

Members Menu