You are in:

Guidance Regarding Motion Picture Licensing

9th December 2020 | News, What's New

Motion Picture Licensing

When a motion picture (including videos, DVDs, downloads from the internet etc.) is shown in a school a motion picture licence may be required.

For example if the school shows motion pictures for entertainment purposes it will be necessary to obtain a public performance licence from the Motion Picture Licensing Company ( who operate a licensing scheme certified under the Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000. If a school is simply showing educational and/or instructional material then educational establishments are exempt and no licence is required.

Go back to News

Members Menu